Today’s Wedding Planning Q&A is another popular and frequently discussed subject. It is also a question I am often asked by my couples, even during initial consultations and the first few planning sessions…
Do you have to have wedding favours?
The simple answer is no…they are by no means mandatory and if you can’t afford them, you’re not a fan etc. etc. then you don’t have to have them.
However, before you make any decisions it is worth weighing up the following:
Reasons to have wedding favours:
1. They are considered by many as a small token of appreciation
2. They are a great way to complement your theme
3. They can be a wonderful keepsake / momentum of your Big Day
4. They can often add a personal touch to your wedding (and are a fun way to do so)
5. If you’re opting for something edible then 99% of the time they’re a huge hit with guests!
Reasons to well, not!:
1. They are an added expense
2. The money you spend on them could be spent elsewhere
3. No wedding favour is going to please everyone
4. Your guests may not even notice them
5. You may end up throwing some away – whether this is because your guests didn’t like them, want them or simply forgot about them
So…if you agree more with the reasons to, then hopefully your decision is made and vice versa!
My final point to add is that if budget is your main reason not to have wedding favours then why not consider less expensive / more cost effective options i.e. DIY…
I really do hope this helps.
BUT, if you find yourself stressed or in need of any further guidance the please do get in touch – I’d be more than happy to help!
Until next time,
Kat xWedding Advice Wedding Planner Wedding Planning Wedding Planning Q&A